Peter The Plantman Inc. is looking for an experienced Greenhouse / Horticulture Specialist Supervisor to join our team.
- Daily operations of our greenhouse facility
- Preparing interior and exterior plants for installation
- Experience with tropical plant watering, pruning, cleaning, and treatment for insects & disease
- Supervision of 6 team members – daily communication, scheduling, training, and follow-up
- Experience in conducting performance evaluations
- Working alongside the sales team and management to assist our clients’ needs
…more details will be discussed during the interview.
- Must have a Horticultural Certificate and/or extensive experience with tropical plants
- Must have a Pesticide License or willing to obtain one within the first 3-months
- Minimum 2 years consecutive supervisory experience
- Be physically fit to handle the demands of the position
- Experience with supervising and building a strong team
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Can take direction as needed
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Be self-motivated, energetic and a very strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and is a self-directed problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of the English language
Regular business hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm.
We are located near Springbank airport. You must have your own vehicle and a valid, clean Alberta driver’s license.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]
**Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.